SQL Server Performance Monitoring
What is SQL Performance Monitoring?
It is a tool that changes the way you look at your database.
It not only alerts you when problems occur but does your daily checks in minutes by having a web-based overview of all the SQL Servers.
How can the performance SQL query be optimized?
These are the top 5 best practices when inquiring performance optimization.
- All indexes must be predicted into clauses like -WHERE-ORDER BY- GROUP BY-JOIN
- Avoid predictable functions
- Avoid predictable usage at the beginning of wildcards (%)
- In the SELECT clause columns always avoid the unnecessary
- If possible use inner join and not the outer join
Top 8 SQL server monitoring tools:
- dbForge Monitor
- Idera SQL Diagnostic Manager
- Lepide SQL Server Auditing
- Paessler SQL monitoring software PRTG
- Red-Gate SQL Monitor
- SentryOne SQL Sentry
- SolarWinds Database Performance Analyzer for SQL Server
- SQL Power ToolS